1. Wet hands with water
2. Apply soap to cover all surfaces
3. Rub hands palm to palm
4. Right palm over left dorsum with interlaced fingers and vice versa
5. Palm to palm with fingers interlaced
6. Back of fingers to opposing palms with fingers interlaced
7. Rotational rubbing of left thumb clasped in right palm and vice versa
8. Rotational rubbing, backwards and forwards with clasped fingers of right hand in left palm and vice versa
9. Rinse hands with water
10. Dry thoroughly with a single use towel
11. Use towel to turn off faucet
If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
When using hand sanitizer, apply the product to the palm of one hand (read the label to learn the correct amount) and rub the product all over the surfaces of your hands until your hands are dry.
How often should you wash your hands?
After using the bathroom or changing a diaper.
Before and after handling raw foods like meat and vegetables.
Before eating or handling food.
After blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing.
Before and after treating a cut or wound.
After touching animals, including pets, their food and after cleaning their cages.
Leaving and entering your home, work, gym, a restaurant or supermarket.
Moisturize your hands at night before you go to bed to avoid dryness to cracked skin.